Our aim is to make a significant difference to ambitious, innovative technology businesses, through a tested and proven process of innovation support. This will involve us examining all aspects of the business, challenging where appropriate, but ultimately aiming to deliver exceptional support which will help remove barriers and facilitate growth.
The Innovation Support is delivered by the Centre's in-house team of experienced advisors, complemented by external specialists, and a wide contact network of entrepreneurs, leading business people and other supporting organisations. The advisors will work with you closely to identify issues and needs, provide direct support themselves, and manage access to other sources of assistance. We aim to pull together all the appropriate support and help our companies drive forward to commercial success.
The Innovation Centre provides high quality accommodation on flexible terms, backed up with high speed internet access, a wireless network, IT support, and other business services. Meeting rooms, a café and restaurant are also within the building. Phase 2 will additionally offer reception, telephone answering, a range of integrated support services, and café area.
The office suites are available on short term licenses to meet the flexibility requirements of tenant businesses with growth aspirations.
The Innovation Support process is managed by the advisory team, both by direct delivery ourselves and through networking with other specialist individuals and agencies.
On-site business support is an essential component of the incubation process, and our involvement is very hands-on and can be intensive. Our main areas of activity will normally revolve around funding (private and public), sales and marketing including market research and routes to market, business planning, product development and Intellectual Property protection. We provide direct or indirect technical support, we assist with applications for Innovation or equity/debt funding, we host market, technology and funding related events.
Our network includes:
- Excellent contacts within financial institutions, private and public, and our knowledge of what they do
- Maclay Murray & Spens IP specialist lawyers, one of our partner organisations
- Contacts with successful entrepreneurs, leading business people and corporate clients/partners.
- Close relationship with Scottish Enterprise and SDI.
- Innovation Support Programme which allows some discretionary financial support to young companies
- Established links to many other business and technology organisations which can provide intelligence and contacts for you, including the ITI's.
|Aeronautics and Aerospace||√|
|Information and Communications Technology||40||10|
|Mechatronics and Automation||√|